I looked down at the ground yesterday, and I watched the shadow scampering across the asphalt. I didn't recognize this shadow at first; she was smaller than I had remembered her. And she was fast!
Who is this strange shadowed wonder?
I didn't realize how much I had changed, until I finally realized that that shadow was a representation of me.
How much I have changed over the last five months. Mind, Body and Soul. My mind is sharper. My body is healthier. My soul is stronger.
I am in love with life. I no longer fear stairs. I am a glutton for uphill climbs. I am nourished by gifts from the dirt and the laughter of good friends.
Moods have stabilized. Weight has dropped. Body is almost ready for a triathlon. Half way through graduate school. Getting body ready for baby. Grateful for my family of wonderful girlfriends.
It has been a scary road to get to where I am today, and I know the road to where I need to be is going to be long and rough. But that is OK. At least now I can see the destination and I can sense the reward.
It is possible to get through depression. It is possible to get healthy! More to come on these topics. Welcome to my world of The Incredible Shrinking Shadow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment